Acne is a long-term skin disease that occurs when skin pore is clogged with dead skin cells, bacteria, hormones and oil from the skin.
Acne also is known as acne vulgaris can be noninflammatory or inflammatory.
Acne is the most common skin disease in the United State.
About 17 million Americans have acne; it is usually associated with hormonal change experienced during the teenage years but also occurs in the adult.
There is a growing number of acne in women in their 30s, 40s, and 50s.
There are simple ways to treat acne naturally which are not expensive or difficult to follow, whether it is using bitter leaf, cucumber or Aloe Vera.
Effective Acne Treatment
This remedy works great for acne.
- Bitter leaf with honey – Cut at least six leaves of bitter leaf, squeeze the leave together to extract the liquid mix with honey and rub it on your face letting the liquid touch every spot on your face. Use this step in three weeks and your face will be smooth as a new born baby.
- Aloe Vera gel is effective in the treatment of acne without leaving any scar. Cut the Aloe Vera leave to remove the gel, apply the gel on your skin daily preferably in the morning and leaving it for some minute before washing it off. Using Aloe Vera daily will help you to cure acne faster
- Mint juice- cut few fresh mint leave and squeezes to extract the juice from the leave. Apply the juice all over your face and make sure that you cover the acne spot, leave for thirty minutes and washing it off with warm water.
- Cucumber- I have already covered the usefulness of cucumber in my previous post, you can read it here. Chop the cucumber into a paste and apply to your face for forty minutes then rinse it off. Cucumber helps in preventing acne if incorporated into your daily routine. Read more benefits of cucumber here.
- Coriander leaves- take some fresh coriander leave and crush to extract the juice, apply the juice to your face for forty minutes then rinse it off. You can also boil some coriander seed in water and strain the water. The boiled water can be stored in the refrigerator. You can apply the water daily on your face.
- Lemon juice – being acidic helps in the control of oil secretion of the skin and help to prevent acne. It is suitable for people with oily skin. Squeeze one lemon to extract the juice and add it to your face for few minutes and wash it off.
- Milk and nutmeg- mix milk and nutmeg together to form a paste, and then apply the paste to your skin. This helps the dry out the breakouts fast.
- Basil leaves- crush the freshly pluck leave to extract the liquid and few drop of honey to the liquid and stir. Apply the liquid to your acne daily and let it dry and wash. Apply of the liquid will help in the prevention of oil on your skin.
Give them a try!
There are various natural ways to treat acne that you can try and remember it is not a one-time treatment; it requires sometimes daily or weekly application of these natural ways to get rid of your acne.
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to your friend or sharing it on Twitter or Facebook.