Cinnamon has been useas a spice in India since 2000 BCE but confusewith cassia. The spice is so expensive that it is considered a gift fit for monarch and gods.
Cinnamon is a spice obtained from the bark of tree Cinnamomum due to its medicinal properties and as a source for food, its popularity spread throughout the world. In ancient Egypt used to embalm mummies.
- Cold – Cold is a very common these days, there are a lot of over the counter drugs that can be used to treat cold, Cold can be treated at home by using this natural and simple recipe. Add 1/4th teaspoon of cinnamon powder into 1 tablespoon of honey and mix this well together, you take it twice a day for three days and the cold would vanish.
- Acne- Acne is a skin disease that occurs majorly in teenager and women in their 30s, 40s or 50s. It occurs majorly in the face but could also occur in the chest, shoulder. Cinnamon can be used to treat acne using this simple and natural recipe. Mix 2 tablespoon of honey with 1 tablespoon of cinnamon together until the mixture is uniformly mixed. Add the paste to the affected area and wait until it is dried. Wash it off with cool water.
- Reduces menstrual pains: cramp and pains during the menstrual cycle can be reduced by drinking cinnamon tea daily.
- Infertility – cinnamon helps in the correcting gynecological problems such as irregular menstruation, painful menstruation,and uterine hemorrhage. Cinnamon contains cinnamonaldehyde which increase the progesterone levels in women and reduce the testosterone. Addition of cinnamon to the diet of people especially in women, who help in balancing the hormonal change and reduce infertility in women.
- Arthritis- Arthritis is the inflammation of the joint. It is characterized by pain, swelling,and stiffness. To treat arthritis, diet plays a major role and is very important. Processed food and food high in sugar must be avoided. Take a cup of hot water; add two tablespoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Drink the mixture twice in a day, in the morning and at night to eradicate the symptoms.
- Weight loss – weight loss can be by achieve by drinking cinnamon and honey. Add cinnamon and honey to a cup of water and boil for some minute. Drink the liquid twice a day in the morning and at night. The drink should be taken 30 minutes before eating.
- Food preservatives- cinnamon can be used to preserve foods without the addition of additives. it can be used to replace chemical agents.
- Mouth Freshener- another health benefits of cinnamon is its instant mouth freshening properties. Chew a few cinnamon stick or rinse your mouth with cinnamon tea to eliminate bad breath.
- Heal cracked heels – cinnamon exfoliates skin pore and locks moisture into the cracked heels. Mix one or two cinnamon essential oil with coconut oil or olive oil and massage your heel with the mixture every night. Doing this consistentlywill soften the heel.
- Stimulate hair growth- Hair loss also known as alopecia or baldness refers to the loss hair form part of the head or body. Hair loss is a common problem affecting men and women all around the world. According to the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), 80 million men and women have hereditary hair loss.
Cinnamon paste or oil can prevent hair breakage by reducing the amount of hair that falls out.Mix two tablespoon of cinnamon and honey with a half cup of olive oil. Wet your hair and comb the solution through to set your hair for 15 minutes. Wash off with a shampoo and water.
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to your friend or sharing it on Twitter or Facebook. Thank you!