1) Obesity is associated with various health diseases and medical conditions like diabetes, cancer, gout or osteoarthritis.
2) Sex can be used to lose weight, on average sex burns 250 calories per hour.
3) The American Heart Association recommended that women should get 100 calories a day from added sugar and men no higher than 150 calories a day.
4) A can of soda contains 150 calories.
5) The recommended average calories per day for men is 2500 and 2,000 for women according to the National Health Service (NHS) UK.
6) Globally there are more than 1.9 billion adults aged 18 years and above are overweight and 41 million children under age 5 years overweight or obese.
7) Drinking water helps you to eat less and lose weight.
8) Research published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism found that sleeping less than six hours trigger area of your brain that increases your need for food.
9) If you reduce the size of food on your plate, you reduce your food intake. Large portion encourages people to eat more and have been linked to weight gain and obesity.
10) Approximately 50% of American adult is on diet.
11) Exercise and dieting do not kill the fat cell but deflate them waiting to be refilled again if you stop.
12) One pound of fat equal 3,500 calories.
13) Obese pregnant women have more fatty acid and glucose in the womb increasing the risk of the child becoming obese later in life.
14) Research shows that artificial sweetener leads to weight gain.
15) According to the Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention,about 610,000 people die of heart disease in the United States every year – that is 1 in every 4 deaths.
16) The female breast ismostly made of fat. That is why breast tends to reduce in size before another part of the body.
17) Watching TV burns 64 calories an hour.
18) Riding an elevator burns 128 calories an hour while taking the stair burns 509.
19) Since 1980, obesity and overweight are now on the rise especially in the urban area of third or low-incomecountries in the world.
20) According to the World Health Organisation (WHO), the Body Mass Index of an obese adult is greater than or equal to 30.
21) Hypothyroidism and Crushing’s disease can cause people to gain weight.
22) Women tend to gain weight when pregnant, menopause or using oral contraceptives.
23) The World Cancer Research Fund estimates that 20% of all cancers diagnosed in the US are related that to body fatness and lack of physical exercise.
24) Running for about 1 hour at a slow pace will help you lose approximately 350 calories, depending on your body type, speed, and terrain.
25) Research shows that keep food off the table reduce the amount men consume per 29%.
26) Research shows that some on who have soda readily available weigh 25 pounds more than someone who doesn’t.
27) An average adult has about 50 billion fat cell in the body.
28) The body burns muscle after 20 minutes of cardio exercise instead of fat.
29) Studies show that those who travel a lot have difficulty in losing weight.
30) Using red plate to serve food reduces the rate of consumption. People associated red colourwith caution or stop.