Vitamin E is one of the most important vitamins for skin care, though the benefits are not limited to skin, there are a lot of benefits that you can derive when you use it on your skin.
Vitamin E is a fat-soluble compound that you can find in plant essential oil and vegetable oil. The presence of an antioxidant in vitamin E helps in reversing the effect of free radical in the body and also preventing free radical in the body. Free radicals are responsible for the oxidation of body tissue and speeding up the aging process of the skin.
In this post, we are going to look at how you can prepare vitamin E cream at home and the benefits of vitamin E for the skin.
Benefits of Vitamin E for Skin
There are different help benefits that you derive from vitamin E for skin, the compound is filled with natural antioxidant that your skin needs.
Fade Scar on your Skin
Vitamin E is filled with antioxidant that helps to fade scar on your skin, it works by speeding up the healing process of wound thereby reducing the wound from becoming permanent scar and preventing the effect of free radical in the body.
Remove Wrinkles from your Skin
One of the effects of free radical on the skin is the appearance of wrinkles and blemishes on the skin surface, vitamin E can be used on the skin to prevent wrinkles from appearing on the skin and also remove the wrinkles on the skin surface.
Using vitamin E on your skin can make you look younger again; the fat-soluble compound is filled with gamma-tocotrienol, which helps to prevent and reverse the effect of UV radiation on the skin, UV radiation is bad for the skin and can cause serious damage to the skin after prolonged exposure.
Make Your Skin Shining and Glowing
If you have dry and dull skin and you want your skin to be shiny and glowing, you can use vitamin E oil on your skin to achieve shiny and glowing skin.
Vitamin E can be used to remove stretch mark from the body, this is because of the presence of antioxidant that helps to protect the collagen, promote skin elasticity, and remove stretch mark from the body.
Whether you have stretch mark as a result of weight gain, weight loss or simply because of pregnancy, vitamin E oil can be used to fade and remove stretch mark leaving you with a glowing and radiant skin.
How to Prepare vitamin E cream at Home
Instead of wasting money buying cream, you can prepare Vitamin E cream at home following this simple method, the main ingredients that you need are vitamin E oil and Shea butter.
Shea butter is the cream base and is solid at room temperature; it has an unpleasant scent that you can mask if you like by adding sweet smelling essential oil like lavender essential oil to it.
- 1 tablespoon of vitamin E oil
- ½ cup of Shea butter
- 7 – 10 drops of lavender essential oil
- 2 tablespoon of rose water
- Air-tight container
- Wash the blender with soap and water to remove dirt from the blender and allow it to dry.
- Add ½ cup of Shea butter, 1 tablespoon of vitamin E oil, lavender essential oil, and rose waterto the blender and blend it together until it turns into a soft silky cream.
- Scoop out the soft cream into an airtight container.
- This is your vitamin E cream; store it in a cool and dry place.
- Wash the blender with soap and water to remove the remaining cream from the blender completely.
- You can add other essential oil that you like to enhance the potency of the cream.
- Vitamin E cream can be used as your regular cream at home.