Growing hair is a natural occurrence, it requires no effort at all on your part, you can just sit down and relax, and what the magic happen. But for a lot of people who are interested in having luxurious and glowing hair, you can buy hair growth serum and see the result.
In this post, I will be explaining how to achieve hair growth using a homemade hair mask, which is free from dangerous chemicals that can harm your hair but they are also cheap as the ingredients you need to prepare hair mask is readily available in your kitchen or you can buy them at a very cheap price.
The homemade hair mask is rich in nutrients, vitamins, and antioxidants which supplies the hair and scalp with needed nutrients and also improve the supply of oxygenated blood to the needed area of the scalp thereby carrying nutrients needed for hair growth.
Banana and Yogurt Hair Mask
Banana contains nutrients like potassium, zinc, amino acid, and vitamin A, B, E which can help to increase hair growth. The vitamins improve the circulation of oxygenated blood to the scalp and root of the hair and nourish the hair with needed nutrient. The hair mask is filled with nutrients that you can also use it on your skin because of the presence of antioxidants that reverse the effect of free radical in the body and prevent the buildup of free radicals in the body.
- One ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon of plain yogurt
- Remove the skin peel from the banana, and place the fruits in a blender.
- Blend the ripe banana until it turns to a smooth puree, add yogurt or milk to the puree, and mix it together to form a smooth paste.
- Wet your hair with water and apply the paste to your hair and make sure that the paste reaches the scalp.
- Allow the hair mask to stay on your hair for 15 minutes and rinse your hair with water thoroughly.
Olive Oil, Honey, and Egg white Hair Mask
This hair mask can be used to promote hair growth because of the presence of nutrients. Olive Oil is rich in made up of 73% of Monounsaturated fatty acid (MUFAs), and antioxidant which helps to promote hair growth while the presence of potassium, sulfur, phosphorus, iron, and zinc in egg white help boost hair growth. Honey act as a natural hair cleanser which helps to remove excess oil that blocks scalp, kills microbes, and remove dead skin cells.
- 1 tablespoon of egg white
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- In a small bowl, use a spoon to crack the shell of the egg and remove the egg white. Gently beat the egg white in a bowl until it turns frosty.
- Add honey and olive oil to the bowl and stir it together.
- Apply the mixture to your hair and leave it on for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cover your hair with shower cap and sit under a hairdryer.
- Set the hair dryer to low heat.
Wash it off with water and regular shampoo.
- You can use more quantities of the ingredients depending on the size of your hair.
- This hair mask can also be used on your skin to exfoliate dead skin cell. Wash your face before applying the mixture and leave it on for 5 to 10 minutes before washing it off.
- People who are allergic to any of the ingredients above should test it on a small patch of skin before using it on your hair or skin to check if you are allergic or not. If there is any redness or swelling of the skin please consult your doctor before using.
Avocado, Rosemary Oil, and Olive Oil Hair Mask
Using this hair mask on your hair would help to promote hair growth is due to its unique properties and the presence of vitamin A, B5, E, antioxidant, biotin, and potassium. It works by penetrating deep into the sebaceous gland of the body and nourishes the hair root with nutrients. It also contains antibacterial and antifungal properties which kill the bacteria and fungi in the sebaceous gland and the scalp. Adding rosemary essential oil to the hair mask help to reduced inflammation of the scalp, promotes hair growth by increasing the blood flow to the scalp, and reduces the production of the hormone dihydrotestosterone (DHT) which is responsible for the hair loss in men in the body.
- 3 tablespoon of avocado oil
- 3 tablespoon of Olive oil
- 3 tablespoon of rosemary oil
- Hot towel
- Mix olive oil, rosemary oil, and avocado oil together in a bowl and stir it together.
- Apply the oil to your hair and use your fingertip to gently massage the oil so that it reaches your scalp.
- Cover your hair with a hot towel for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water and your regular shampoo.
Gram flour and Yogurt Hair Mask
Besan or gram flour can help to rejuvenate the scalp by increasing the supply of oxygenated blood filled with nutrients to the scalps thereby increasing the likelihood of hair growing on your scalp again. This hair mask is useful for people with hair loss, bald head, or people thinking of having luxurious and glowing hair. You can improve its properties by adding yogurt or buttermilk which help to get rid of free radical present in the scalp and remove dirt and impurities present in the scalp.
- 1 tablespoon of Gram flour
- 1 teaspoon of buttermilk or yogurt
- In a small bowl, add all the ingredients and mix them together until it forms a thick paste, you can add a little bit of water to the mixture if it is too thick and stir it together.
- Apply the thick paste on your hair and use your finger to comb the paste to the scalp, make sure that the hair mask reaches all the needed area.
- Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing it off thoroughly with water and shampoo.
All the ingredients used in preparing the hair mask listed above does not contain any harmful and toxic chemical when compared with hair growth cream or serum, therefore, you can use it on your hair without worrying about damaging your hair.