Hair is a part of every woman fashion accessory, that you can shape and style into a different pattern to enhance our beauty. Human hair consists of the shaft, that is visible and rise above the skin, and the root, which is sunk in hair follicle beneath the skin surface. Human hair is dead tissue, composed of keratin and other type of proteins.
Human hair naturally follows alternating pattern of growth, rest, fallout, and regeneration of hair, this natural phenomenon helps to prevent hair loss and the hair is replaced when it falls off, there is a need for us to prevent uncontrolled hair loss which can ultimately lead to bald head commonly experience by men which is caused as a result of the conversion of hormone testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in the body, DHT is responsible for the hair loss in men.
Another alternatively to encourage the growth of hair is to get rid of dead skin cells, dirt, hormone, and impurities that blocked the hair follicles and also to increase the supply of oxygenated blood rich in nutrient to the scalp and the root of the hair.
In this post, we are going to look at 5 different DIY on how to grow your hair overnight using the homemade recipe at no cost at all.
Honey and Onion Juice Hair Mask
Onion is rich in sulfur which helps to promote the hair growth and also prevent premature breakage of hair as result of thinning of existing hair while raw honey is rich in antioxidant and antibacterial properties which fights off free radicals in the scalps, remove dead skin cell that blocked the hair follicle, and also kills microbes present in the root of hair and scalp.
- ¼ cup of onion juice
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey
- In a small bowl, add onion juice and raw honey and use a spoon to stir them together until it turns into a smooth paste.
- Apply the hair mask on your hair with your hand and make sure that the hair mask reaches all the needed area.
- Use your finger to gently massage the hair mask so that the ingredients reach the scalp and the root of the hair.
- Cover your hair with shower cap and leave the hair mask on hair if you are in a hurry for 30 minutes. Alternatively, you can leave the hair mask overnight.
- Wash the hair mask off with water and shampoo.
Castor Oil and Honey Hair Mask
Castor oil is rich in medium chain fatty acid (MCFA) which nourishes the hair with nutrients and also helps to maintain and balance the pH level of the hair to prevent hair loss. The hair mask also helps to reverse the harmful effect of a dangerous chemical on the hair and exfoliate the scalp to remove the foreign material that blocked the hair follicles.
- 1 tablespoon of castor oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil
- Mix all the three ingredients in a bowl and stir them together with a spoon until the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Apply the hair mask to your hair and make sure that the hair mask reaches the scalp and root of the hair.
- Cover your head with a shower cap and leave the hair mask on for 20 minutes.
- Wash the hair mask off your hair with water and shampoo.
Sesame Oil and Olive Oil Hair Mask
Sesame oil is rich in protein and medium chain fatty acid, the oil is easily absorbed by the scalp. The fatty acid encourages the hair growth by nourishing hair with nutrients.
- 3 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 3 tablespoon of olive oil
- Mix sesame oil and olive oil in a bowl and stir them together.
- Apply the hair mask to your hair and use your hand to comb through the hair to ensure that the oil reaches all the needed area.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Rinse the hair mask off with water and shampoo.
- Or you can use hot oil treatment on your hair.
- Apply the oil to your hair and use your fingertip to gently massage the oil so that it reaches your scalp.
- Cover your hair with a hot towel for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water and your regular shampoo.