Skin inflammation is actually beneficial to the body, as it helps you to know that there is a disorder, infections, or injuries on the affected area. Skin inflammation it also helps to locate the source of injury and response to injuries or infections by the white blood cell of the body to fight and relieve the disorder.
The body responds by increasing the blood flow, an increase in permeability of blood vessels, and the migration of fluid, proteins, and white blood cells from the circulation to the site of tissue damage. This help to bring about fast relieve the disorder and later relieve the swelling and redness.
When next there is an inflamed spot on your skin, you should be happy because it serves as a beacon call so that you can try to treat them afterward, almost all skin condition or skin disorder leads to skin inflammation, the degree of the pain varies from one skin condition to the other.
The cause of inflammation in human being ranges from a lot of factor including the presence of free radicals in the body, these free radicals cause swelling, redness, blemishes, wrinkles, and aging of the skin. Reactions to certain drugs and creams can also lead skin inflammation, it is therefore advisable for you to test creams on a small patch of skin before using them to check if you are compatible with the cream or not.
Signs and Symptoms of Skin Inflammation
The main sign and symptom that you should check if your skin is inflamed or not is:
- Redness – This is caused as a result of the dilation of the blood vessel in the area of injury or skin disorder, what these means is that the vessel carrying blood becomes wider and more prominent.
- Heat – Heat is another sign of inflamed skin, this cause as a result of an increase blood flow to the source of injury or the affected area.
- Swelling – Swelling is caused as a result of the accumulation of body fluids outside the blood vessel, it results in the swollen pus that is filled with body fluids forming on the skin surface.
- Pain – This is the last sign to confirm if you have inflamed skin or not, as a result of the swollen pus forming on the skin surface, Chemicals like bradykinin, serotonin, and prostaglandins that cause skin inflammation also reacts to the swollen pus. The resulting effect is pain being felt on the affected area, the pain varies from different people, that is why it is always advisable for you to relieve inflammation once they appear on the skin surface.
What is Turmeric Powder?
Turmeric Curcuma longa is a green plant of the family of ginger, the herbaceous plant is native to Southern India and Indonesia, in the middle ages, it is called saffron because of its golden yellow color. It is used as an ingredient to colors and flavors prepared mustard and is used in curry powder, relishes, pickles, spiced butter for vegetables, in fish and egg dishes, and with poultry, rice, and pork. Turmeric powder is made from turmeric plant:
- Gather the turmeric plant and rinse it with water.
- Submerge the plant in a pot containing water and close the lid, boil the plant for 40 minutes.
- Drain the water off and dried the plant in sunlight, if you are in a hurry, you can dry them in an oven.
- After the turmeric plant is dried, ground them to a fine powder that is golden in color.
Though a lot of people use them as a spice, the use of turmeric powder for skin is one of the most hidden secret, most women in India, use the powder for lightening of skin and to enhance and improve their beauty.
How to Prepare Turmeric Powder to Relieve Inflammation
Turmeric powders contain an important antioxidant called curcumin, this antioxidant has been proven to relieve inflammation, and it even works better than over the counter drugs and cream. The work of turmeric powder is not limited to relieve inflamed skin; the National Cancer Institute recognized the turmeric as a good anti-carcinogenic compound, these means that you can add turmeric powder to your diet to get the best of the turmeric. Turmeric powder also helps to lose weight, treat acne, slows down the aging of the skin, and lightens skin.
To prepare turmeric powder to relieve inflammation is so simple and straightforward.
- Add 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder and 1 tablespoon of honey to a clean bowl and mix them together with a spoon until it turns into a smooth paste.
- Wash your face with water and pat it dry with a soft towel.
- Apply the paste to the affected area and use your finger to gently massage the paste on the affected area.
- Allow the face mask to stay on your face for 10 minutes and washing it off with water.
- Before applying turmeric powder on your skin, test turmeric powder on your hand to see if you are sensitive or not and wait for a day or two. If after applying turmeric powder, there is redness and swellings on your arm please don’t use turmeric powder. People who are allergic to turmeric spice in food should not use turmeric powder on their skin.
- You can add turmeric powder to your diet; the powder is used mainly by the Indian women as a spice to spice their food.
- You can also drink turmeric powder as tea.