Creative Weight Loss Ideas – Make Losing Weight Fun!
Too many people are under the impression that losing weight involves intense workouts and extreme dieting, forcing themselves to be miserable for the sake of simply looking good. Not only do these techniques rarely last beyond the first couple of days (or weeks) but the results are sadly temporary.
Instead, learn to lose weight by enjoying yourself. That’s right. Exercise can be fun and exciting if you let it. Losing weight is only limited by your creativity and resourcefulness, so to help you find new and exciting ways to burn those calories, we’ve assembled the top 5 creative weight loss ideas.
Top 5 Creative Weight Loss Ideas
1. Flex it: Turn your body into its own resistance machine by flexing each muscle individually. If you can move it, then you can work it even when you’re stuck in an office chair.
Flex your biceps as you drive. Flex your calves as you do the dishes. Flex your thighs as you write a check to pay the bills. It may not seem like a lot at first, but little bits of movement add up when it comes to losing weight.
2. Twist it: Find your favorite song and do the twist. Dancing can be a high intensity cardio if done right, and it’s one of the most entertaining and fun ways to burn those extra calories.
Can’t make it to the dance floor? Then party in your kitchen while making waffles. Jive in the shower and bounce in your bedroom. Don’t ask questions – just dance!
3. Crunch it: If you find that you’re in a bind when it comes to scheduling a lengthy workout, then keep in mind that a few minutes throughout the day can still have a dramatic impact on your weight loss.
Find yourself roped into your favorite sitcom again? For every 25 minutes of actual show, you have approximately 8 minutes of commercial – use that time wisely and do some crunches during the commercials.
4. Skip it: No, this isn’t an excuse to skip your workout. We literally mean, skip. Let your inner child loose and skip, hop, or jump wherever you go. You may feel silly at first, but jumping is a surprisingly intensive workout that can tone your thighs and calves.
5. Work it: After a long day at work, it can seem like a huge hassle to do chores and find time to exercise. Laundry needs to be done. Dishes need to be washed. The bathroom needs to be scrubbed. Not to mention the 30 or so toys that need to put in their place after your kids left scattered them around the living room.
Luckily for you, you can knock out two birds with one stone with a 10 minute clean up. Set a timer and race around the house –keep moving as fast as you can while you toss dirty clothes into the hamper and deliver towels to the upstairs bathroom. Make it a game and see how much of the house you can clean within a short time period.
Feel Free to Let Loose
Losing weight doesn’t have to involve an expensive gym membership or Pilates class, nor does it have to involve overhauling your diet and cutting calories until you’re miserable. With these creative weight loss ideas, you can trim up and slim down and still have fun while you burn the extra fat.
Feel free to let loose and be your inner child – turn exercise time into play time and you may be surprised at how easy it will be to have the energetic and healthy body you’ve always wanted.